Justice For Middle Tennessee Bicycle Accident Victims
Bicycle accidents often involve inattentive motorists and failure to share the road. As a cyclist who got hit by a car, you deserve compensation for the injuries you sustained and the damage to your bicycle.
At Miller Injury Firm in Nashville, we can help you pursue justice. Our lawyers handle bicycle accident cases for cyclists across Tennessee. We represent avid cyclists as well as occasional riders who had the misfortune of being involved in an accident. Our attorneys also handle bike accident cases involving children. We have a proven track record in traffic accident cases and have obtained millions of dollars for our clients across Middle Tennessee.
Common Causes Of Bicycle Accidents
Bicycle accidents often result from the negligence of drivers. Common contributing factors include:
- Distracted driving
- Texting behind the wheel
- Inattentive driving
- Failing to yield
- Dooring (opening a door into a passing cyclist)
- Intoxicated driving
- Failing to check rearview and side mirrors
You can rely on our legal team to gather the solid evidence needed to prove that the driver was at fault.
The Rights Of Bicyclists In Tennessee
In Tennessee, cyclists have the right to:
- Ride in traffic, going the same direction and following traffic rules, and riding as close to the shoulder as possible when going slower than traffic
- Take up the entire lane when the roadway isn’t wide enough to ride close to the shoulder
- Ride in the road even when there are bike lanes or paved bike paths
- The right of way when turning left, as long as they are signaling
- Use crosswalks as long as they yield to pedestrians.
Additionally, cyclists are subject to the same traffic rules as other vehicles.
Does It Affect My Case If I Was Not Wearing A Helmet When The Accident Occurred?
No. Except for young riders, cyclists aren’t required to wear helmets in Tennessee.
Recoverable Damages In A Bicycle Accident
After a bicycle accident, you can pursue damages (compensation) for:
- Your injuries, including your medical treatment, hospitalization, castings, surgeries and rehab
- Your lasting impairments resulting from the injury
- Your lost income resulting from the accident
- Your property damage
- Your pain and suffering
Additionally, if the driver was drunk, you may have grounds for substantial punitive damages against the driver and a claim against the establishment that served them alcohol.
Let Us Help You Seek Justice
We are proud advocates for the rights of bikers, including those injured in accidents. Learn how we can help you by calling 615-922-5693 or sending us an email. We offer free consultations and don’t charge attorney fees unless we’re successful.
In addition to Brentwood, we have convenient offices in Nashville, Lebanon and Murfreesboro.